1957-1971: THE FOUNDATION OF PASSMORE
On March 16, 1957, Reverend Algie E. Passmore organized Tree Mount Temple Missionary Baptist Church at 227 Sterling Drive in San Antonio, Texas. In 1964, Reverend Passmore began to improve the physical look of the church and moved to the corner of Nebraska and Cotton Streets, and then to 186 Dorie Street. On the fourth Sunday in May 1964, the membership moved to our most tenured address, 787 G. Street. On October 31, 1971, Reverend Algie E. Passmore passed, leaving Reverend Daniel Lee to serve as Interim Pastor.
1972-2012: THE BROWN LEGACY
On September 2nd, 1972, the Holy Spirit led the church to call Reverend Aristide Brown, Sr., an assistant Pastor of St. Stephens Baptist Church, to become our Pastor. The legacy of Pastor Aristide Brown's leadership exemplified God's awesome hand at work. As the church grew spiritually, the building did as well. In 1973, the old Sanctuary was remolded and in 1980, the name was changed to Greater Tree Mount Temple Missionary Baptist Church. The Church flourished and then in 2005, Pastor Aristide Brown retired and Reverend John Rector, III was voted in as Pastor. In 2008, Pastor Rector left the church and Reverend Nathanial Sartin was voted as Pastor in 2009. Seeking God for stability, in 2010 Pastor Aristide Brown, Sr. was called back to Pastor. Upon his return, Pastor Brown brought with him members from Anointed Rock Church, where he served for 5 years. In January 2010, Tree Mount Temple and Anointed Rock Baptist Church merged as one body, renaming the church Anointed Greater Tree Mount Temple Missionary Baptist Church. On December 15, 2011, looking to revitalize and rebirth the church, Pastor Brown asked Reverend Larry J. Thompson to serve as Assistant Pastor. After faithfully serving for 9 months under Pastor Brown, it was a great day when Pastor Larry was voted as Senior Pastor on September 17, 2012.
2012-PRESENT: THE BIRTHING OF PASTOR LARRY
God has truly smiled on The Tree Mount Temple Church family, under the leadership of Pastor Larry. Deacons have been ordained, ministers have been licensed, over 500 new members have been added to the flock, hundreds have been baptized, ministries have exploded, financial and economic growth has occurred and community impact has been tremendous. Because of the immense growth, Pastor Larry's vision took the church 'Beyond 787' to it's current home, located at 6035 Farm Market Road. The church continuous to serve as a spiritual trailblazer. The leadership and physical enhancements of the church has been great, while yet maintaining the church’s foundation. Pastor Thompson always says “What God is going to do with us will only happen as a result of us not forsaking our past. If we don’t know where we came from, then we won’t know where we are going!”